We were going to talk about Audio in general, but L.D. came prepared with all sorts of information about podcasting and webcasting, so that ate up both hours of the show. If you’ve ever wanted to to a ‘cast like we do, here’ a great show to listen to.
Today we talked about spam, and how the bad guys aren’t just hitting you in your email box — they are also after your mobile phone, and even trying to convince you you have a virus using a plain old telephone line!
Have a listen, and find out steps to minimize your risk, as well as telltale signs that these calls are fraudulent. The first line of defense is YOU.
Doctor J.D. Armstrong joined us today, and tossed about behind the scenes were links, links, and more links! Rather than keep all the fun to ourselves, we decided we should share! Consider it a sneak peak behind the scenes.
- The Great Barred Spiral (NGC 1365) – http://lcogt.net/image/space/great-barred-spiral-and-sn-2012fr
- Comet PanSTARRS – http://static.kienthuc.net.vn/Images/Contents/viettuan/20130220/panstarrs_strip.jpg
- 2012 DA14 caught on film – http://lcogt.net/blog/egomez/2012-da14-caught-film
- Asteroid/Metorite Impact Simulator – http://simulator.down2earth.eu/
- UH Institute for Astronomy’s calendar – http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/specialevents/
- Teapots from Space: Attack of Space Junk – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnRjtQxIWDM
And of course, we must always remember that searching and exploring our world, our cosmos, is a wonderful thing. There are great things to be learned, beauty to be seen, and possibly deeper mysteries than we’ve ever known.
Today we had Ben, our Web Guru, on the air talking about new and easy ways to create your own web content. With Blogging software its never been easier to create a site — but that’s just the beginning. Have a listen!