When the holidays hit folks will take photos.
Lots of them. Maybe you want to adjust the lighting, perhaps get rid of red-eye, or just sharpen it a little. Getting those photos ready for printing and framing, making cards or calendars and just sharing around is a great thing but doesn’t require Photoshop! So we’re talking about alternatives to Photoshop that are better suited to normal folks like us!
- Photoshop Elements is the Diet Coke of Photoshop meant for consumers. https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html
- Windows Photos and MacOS Preview are included with your operating system and can do many basic tasks. Even your smart phone has built-in tools in its photos apps.
- GIMP is a free, open-source program but has a bit of a learning curve. https://www.gimp.org/
- Paintshop Pro is a longtime alternative. https://www.paintshoppro.com/
- Corel offers a whole suite of graphics tools, including a photoshop alternative! https://www.coreldraw.com/en/
- Affinity Photo is a professionally aimed program with a budget friendly price. https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/
And do you want better photos? Starting with how you take them will help!