Photos! We’re taking more of them now than ever before! We can keep them, share them, and even print them onto a variety of things. But one thing that hasn’t changed is people often want to use Photoshop to do simple changes like resizing, touching up, and more.
Frankly, you don’t need a bulldozer when you want to make a sand castle, right?
So, when considering an alternative consider how easy/simple it is to do what you need, how often you want to use it, and how much you’re willing to spend. Full-fledged Photoshop is $20.99 a month, so unless you’re making money? Best to find something cheaper!
- Windows Photos and MacOS Preview can do all the basics many folks need.
- GIMP is a free program, but has a bit of a learning curve behind it. https://www.gimp.org/
- Paintshop Pro is a longtime alternative. https://www.paintshoppro.com/
- Affinity Photo is the total overhaul of Serif Photo Plus aimed at professionals at a steal of a price! https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/
- And how could we forget Photoshop Elements? https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html